Local or niche search engine optimization is basically the same SEO that is done for the national or global market. Since it is niche driven, therefore you will have to do it more carefully and strategically. And also you will have to deal with a small market, a small country. The following are some tips on how to do local SEO.
- Submit to Google local listings. Now you will want to do some research on Google Places. Google business listings is the place that Google gives to find relevant information about businesses. This is a place where you can promote your business. You can even use certain keywords to boost your placement. Then you can go to Yahoo local and submit your website. You can still do this without the support of AdWords. Just sign up for yahoo local and they will ask you some questions. After that, you can easily set up a page for your website.
- Create a good site map. A site map is a site for visitors. It helps them to find out the different pages of your site. And you can improve your rank by creating a site map. The site map should be approximately 100 porches high, 100-200 in height and width.
- Start a blog. Blogging is an excellent way to establish your reputation. And this can be done effectively through a blog. Post on your blog. A lot of people view your blogs to get updated information. So if you update your blog frequently, you can get a lot of traffic. Make sure that you use your keywords in your blog titles and early in the post. Make a richer content. Richer content means that you provide more information with less number of words. A text of 500 words per page is still very much valuable. However, you must also include the keywords in your content.
- Article Marketing. This is one of the best sources to get traffic and backlinks to your website. Your article marketing for your business will help you in search engine optimization because the article is full of keywords.
- Make a video. If you want to get a lot of traffic and your customers trust you, make use of video promotions. Just record yourself or generate a video on any subject and then post it to any social network. If it is popular and well-received, you will see a lot of people coming to your site.
- Make your site mobile friendly. Nowadays, mobile sites are hugely popular. If your site is not mobile-friendly, you will miss out on a huge number of opportunities. Put plug-ins and widgets. This will help you in increasing your page views.
- Execution of on-page optimizations. Once you have your keywords, the important thing now is to use them properly. You have to make sure that:
a. title of your page should have keyword
b. Meta description should have keyword
c. Meta keyword should have the keyword
d. H1 should have the keyword
e. H2, H3, H4 all should have the keyword.
- Use social media. You can post your articles on social media, news, and press networks. Apart from this, you can use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and MySpace to increase traffic to your website.
- Increase your knowledge. Become a solutions provider. Helps to build a good reputation and create content about your services and products. And once you have created a good brand image, only then will you be able to get profits.