Local search engine optimization is becoming more and more popular. If you are in the internet world, you already know what local SEO is. Local SEO essentially uses the same principle as regular SEO, but on a local level.
Some of the benefits of local SEO are:
- It is much easier to obtain a top search engine ranking for a local business compared to a larger nation especially if you have a local SEO listing.
- It is much easier to hold on to a top search engine ranking for a local business.
- It is much easier to reach a niche market that you are specifically targeting for.
- It is basically free, no strings attached.
Tips for local SEO:
1. Make sure your site is coded well. In HTML, the code that creates the website is called META tags. If you are not sure how to do this, you can search the internet for free sites that will let you know how to create them. Google also has some free tools that will generate the code for you.
2. Research the competition. If you want to battle your competition head-on, you need to know how they are going to perform local SEO. Optimize for keywords they are going after.
3. Offer something unique. If you want to get first place for your keyword, you need to offer more than what anyone else offers. Not only that, but there is nothing wrong with competing for #1 for a keyword. Now of course, if my business is different than that of my competition, maybe I will need to fight my battle out and maybe use different keywords. That is fine, but if you find that local SEO is more important to your business, then of course you should optimize your site for local searches.
4. Make your campaign consistent. If you are going to promote your business online, you need to be consistent in frequency and populating your local optimization campaign. If you want to get recognized in local SEO, you need to make sure you are posting daily, or at least several times per week.