Local or niche search engine optimization is a huge topic on the internet today. Knowing exactly how to go about it is the key to getting your on-line business off the ground. In today’s world of internet marketing we hear reports of business owners saying, I should have my company listed online. When asking them they say I am number one in the search engines. Now I am not so sure. Lets look at a few ideas to get you started.
Search Engine Optimization
First on the list is the art of search engine optimization. This sounds a little scary at first. magically turning these big searches into small matches seem to be far fetched in the real world. In fact you will notice that the big companies listed number one all the time for specific search terms. There is a science to this. The major search engines have millions of individual things that they do to rank these searches. Few people will know exactly what they are doing. That is what the SEO’s do to rank your site. They will find out what search engines are looking for and then analyze your site trying to figure out what its about. Words and phrases are typed in by the search engine user and the words are checked against the information on your site. If they match you are advanced to the top of the list. If they do not match the search engines automatically list the others.
Over time your site will gain search engine popularity. As this is a process there is no denying that having your site found will bring you more business. Yet there are certain steps that you need to follow to make sure that you achieve this.
- The first important step is to make sure that you submit your site to the search engines. You should be doing this on a regular basis. It is important that you submit your site to the main search engines since this is what everyone else is going to be looking for. It is also important to submit it on Google maps.
- Find out which keywords or phrases people are using and you have to use them. Maintain the percentage of your keywords and what words you have used. Make sure that you use the keywords correctly. Keywords should be relevant to your content and your business.
- Put the correct keywords in your meta tags. You can use the keyword in the title, first and last sentence and two or three times throughout the article.
- Try to make your content unique. If you have content that can be found elsewhere it is not going to do you any good.
- Create as many backlinks as possible. This is not easy but it is possible. You can do this by writing articles and choose the high paying keywords that you want to target. This will make your content by appearing on the first page of the popular search terms.